NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. By entering this CONTEST (the "Contest"), you accept and agree to be bound by the following rules ("Official Rules"), which constitute a binding agreement between you, on one hand, and Factoryzoom Inc., dba Maykke (“Maykke”), on the other. Maykke and any website companies hosting and promoting the Contest, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their agents, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are referred to as the “Contest Entities.” These Official Rules apply only to the Contest and not to any other sweepstakes or contest sponsored by Maykke.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 21YEARS OR OLDER as of Date referenced below as the start date for the Contest. Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of Contest Entities are not eligible to enter. THE CONTEST IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, IN PUERTO RICO, IN THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, IN OTHER U.S. COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OUTSIDE OF THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES, WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, AND IN ANY STATES WHERE THE CONTEST SPONSOR MUST REGISTER THE CONTEST. By entering this Contest, each entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless Contest Entities from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from entrant's participation in this Contest or from the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Maykke reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The CONTEST begins upon Maykke's posting on social media a request for the submission of photographs and accompanying captions. Maykke will state in its initial CONTEST posting the length of time for which it will accept CONTEST submissions. All CONTEST submissions must be made through Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram as follows:
Step 1: Submit to Maykke a photograph of your pet in your bathroom on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #MaykkePets
Step 2: Use the hashtag #MaykkePets to submit a caption for your photograph
Step 3: “Like” or “follow” any of the Maykke social properties on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Each entrant may submit as many entries as they like. Maykke will review all submissions and, in its sole discretion, choose the winners from the submissions received. There will be one Grand Prize Winner. The winner will be chosen based on the humor and originality of the photos and captions submitted, in the sole determination of Maykke.
Maykke will then post the winning photos and captions on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
All photographs, captions and other material submitted as part of the Contest shall become the property of Maykke. The submission shall constitute an assignment of the copyright and all other rights to the entry. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Maykke reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the promotion in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Maykke. Should promotion be modified, suspended, or terminated as aforesaid, the prizes will nevertheless be awarded from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules.
5. DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER: The Winner will be selected based on the criteria set forth above from among all eligible entries received by the deadline date. Selection of the Winner shall be conducted under the supervision of Maykke. Maykke will notify the Winner using Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Failure to provide an accurate, working Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account through which Maykke can contact you will disqualify you from receiving the contest prize.
6. PRIZES: The Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) Custom Maykke Baggu Bag.
The prize package has no cash redemption value. Any federal and state taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winners. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of Maykke. If any portion of a prize is unavailable, Maykke reserves the right to substitute that portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
The Baggu Bag to be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner has an approximate retail value of $9.00.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Winners will be required to sign and return any applicable documents sent by Maykke related to the Contest, which may include but are not limited to a letter of prize acceptance, waiver of liability, and an affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days of notification. Failure to return documents as specified or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable will result in entry being disqualified, and an alternate Winner being selected from eligible entries previously received. Where permitted by law, each Winner agrees to grant to Maykke and Maykke’s licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Failure to grant such rights may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner or potential Winner selected from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules. Further, by accepting a prize, Winner releases and agrees to hold harmless Maykke, their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in this Contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. IN NO EVENT WILL MAYKKE, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THEIR WEBSITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Maykke reserves the right, at Maykke’s sole discretion, to disqualify any individual Maykke finds, in Maykke’s sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site; to be in violation of the terms of service of the Contest Entities' web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
9. DISPUTES: All participants agree, by their participation in the Contest, that any and all suits or proceedings arising out of or relating to the Contest or these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and brought only in a court located in Santa Clara County, California, and such participants submit to the exclusive personal and subject matter jurisdiction and venue of such courts. The Contest shall be governed by, and these Rules shall be interpreted according to, the laws of the State of California, without regard to California's choice of law rules. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney's fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. WINNERS' LIST: For a list of prize winners, available after May 20, 2016, send an email requesting the information to email@example.com. Include the words "CONTEST WINNER REQUEST" in the subject line.
11. SPONSOR: FactoryZoom Inc., dba Maykke, 40650 Encyclopedia Circle, Fremont, CA 94538.